Old school practical/tactical (Hawk and belt knife set)

Benr.t

Here is a set that is a little different than my normal "tacticals". I wanted to make something heavy duty, but with a tribal old school feel. Osage is probably my favorite hard use wood and I think it fits well on these. I gave both the belt knife and hawk tapered tangs, scalloped and scorched the osage and then added bamboo cord wrap for some grip. The hawk is 4140 and the belt knife is 1095. I still need to do sheaths, I haven't totally decided on leather or kydex.
Anyway, let me know what you guys think.

Nice work. I like the black wrap accent. Olde Skool is a good school.

Very nice work. The handle materials and design are excellent. I bet that Hawk feels great in the hand.

Nicely done! An old school approach deserves leather. The richness of the palette deserves leather. Did I say leather for the sheaths.

Thanks guys. I agree leather looks best, but you cant beat the utility and durability of kydex, especially for the hawk. I have some Chocolate brown kydex I may use. Of course a buyer can always request leather as well. :)

Ben, The only thing I see old school is the trap. I do like the look of both the hawk and knife. Never been a big fan of kydex.

they look great i havent been around long enough to know old from new but i got to say i love the look this set gives off. also i like the shape of u hawk.

Hi Ben... You did an excellent job on that package. The new owner should get a lifetime of use. By the looks of your hawks you have been doing your right at the top of my list when I purchase down the road in a bit.

Keep on truckin'

Back