Damascus and crackle ivory neck knife

John M Cohea

Haven't posted here in a while so I thought I would share this one just in from Chuck Ward.Ladder pattern damascus and crackle mammoth ivory,7"OAL including blacksmith's curl.Other features are mammoth ivory dangler bead, patterned copper band and mild steel handle frame with filework.Sheath is a center seam and is heavily decorated, and can be worn either on the belt or around the neck via a removable lanyard that has a copper hook and loop finding.

Thanks guys,I appreciate it!I have held onto these scales for several years trying to decide the perfect project and this is the result of the wait!

Great looking rig and the damascus blade is excellent.

One thing I would also like to point out is how glad I am to see that you didn't "Age" the heck out of it.
Many that do semi period pieces go a little too for far rusting the heck of of the blades like everyone back then had 100 year old looking knives.

Great looking rig and the damascus blade is excellent.

One thing I would also like to point out is how glad I am to see that you didn't "Age" the heck out of it.
Many that do semi period pieces go a little too for far rusting the heck of of the blades like everyone back then had 100 year old looking knives.
Thanks guys.I do age a good many of my pieces but not every one needs or deserves the aging process and this was one such piece,After all, the ivory is well aged anyway,lol!

Back