Phoenix Abrasives

akey

I ran across a mention of Phoenix Abrasives on another forum and thought I would check them out. I emailed them for prices on belts through the contact form on their website and they sent me a price list and the prices look very competitive. They have a Blaze like belt that would offer a significant price reduction if it performs similarly. I have been using the Merit Best Value ceramic belts from Tru Grit(which I think are pretty popular among us small budget makers) and, while the price is a bit higher for these, I am hoping these last longer. I received a call from the marketing guy at Phoenix this morning and he put me in contact with the owner. I explained to him I was just a hobby maker and was shopping around for the best deals to maximize my budget. He was very courteous and helpful even after hearing I only make a few knives a month and wouldn't be ordering huge amounts of belts. He is sending me a couple of belts to try out for free. I told him about Knifedogs and the great community we have here so hopefully he will check it out. He requested I not publish his price list since I am not affiliated with the company so if you guys are interested in his price list I would use the contact form on their website. Once I get the belts I will post my thoughts vs. the belts I have been using and hopefully some of the guys on here that use Blaze belts a lot can get some and tell us how they compare.

http://www.phoenixabrasives.com/

I use their belts. Those ceramic belts are like the energizer bunny. Their other belts last a lot longer than the cheaper ones that you can buy. I am very pleased with the performance and finish I get with Phoenix's product.

I used the free samples they sent me and just ordered three dozen more belts and a ream of paper yesterday.
They are nice guys,they have a lot of trouble with my accent when I'm on the phone with them but they are still nice to me.

The folks I've been talking to are in Minnesota and every one knows that them folks up there talk funny.:biggrin:

I am with max cutter they work well my first couple would wobble but they replaced and every one since have been good. I will be picking up more at the badger
show here in wis at the march show.

well if I could order them from there website and had a pricelist I might would try them out. I rarely call anyone for a price if its not posted I usually don't bother.

Crank when you call, talk to Sean. Great guy to deal with. I had an issue with some 36 grit belts and he not only replaced them but threw in some extra for my trouble. They are a new company and what ever suggestions you have......they listen.

well if I could order them from there website and had a pricelist I might would try them out. I rarely call anyone for a price if its not posted I usually don't bother.

Yeah, a web checkout would certainly be more convenient but if I can pick up the phone and save some money, I don't have any problem doing so. :thumbup:

Back