New model B.D.U. Belt knife

Benr.t

I just finished up this prototype for a new model. For those that don't know, my B.D.U. (Battle, Duty, Utility) line is meant to be a practical/tactical designed to work hard!!
This is latest model I am adding to that line. It is the same profile as my frontier belt knife, but in a thicker 5160 steel and sculpted synthetic handles. The handles are designed to offer excellent grip with either bare hands or with gloves.
The "birds beak" style handle is very secure and is the most comfortable design I have used in an ice-pick style grip. The handle is is also a bit wider and thinner for a very low profile on your belt or gear. The blade profile is very useful for just about any task.
The OAL is 8.25" and the blade is 4".

The sheath is setup for either a Molle Lok or large Tek Lok.

I gave this one a tapered tang, but standard models will have a full thickness tang unless otherwise requested. All in all I am very pleased with the design. I have a couple more of these on my bench that I will be posting pics of in a few days, including one that I will be gifting to a soldier (along with a tomahawk) later this year. He is being deployed to Afghanistan this summer and I want him to be as best equipped as possible.

I like the OD scales and black pins. Nice job on the photographs.

Very nice Ben. I doubt that knives like this will have any trouble finding their way into the hands of many, many customers.

Back