Will & Finck Dagger needs some restoration. Who does this ????

rhinoknives

Gentleman,
I have customer that owns an authentic Will & Finck SF Cal. Late 1800's dagger that needs some guard & handle restoration work.
I am looking for someone with a track record of repair on these historic knives.

Does anyone have a referral for my customer? I would really appreciate it

Mark,
That's why I wouldn't do it for my customer. At the same time Museums have people that restore antique armor and swords etc so there might be someone that really knows how to do this without sacrificing value?

I told my customer I would check around for him.

I make California knives but don't think I want to repair it would need to see a picture of it, your best bet would be Jim Sornberger in Volcano Ca. 209-256-0072 he has done some in the past,knows the California knives, if he is not in the mood to do it send me a picture and will look at it. Deane

Thanks.
I will relay the info to my customer. I would love to post a picture for you Mark and others to see but my customer is a very private man and declined when I asked. Strange? Yes, but its his knife and money.

There are a lot of fakes out there of the Will & Finck and the Michael Price, have seen them up close and personnel. Deane

Back