Christmas gifts WIP

akey

I have never done a WIP before so I thought I would try it. I have 4 knives I am doing to give as Christmas gifts to close family. These knives will serve two purposes. First to give people I love a gift that was made by me and second to give me more experience finishing a knife out completely. I have only finished one other knife so far. Right now I am to the point where I am going to heat treat them and then finish up the grinding before switching to hand sanding. I have found that it is much easier for me to not make a mistake if I finish grinding all the way up after heat treat. The blank at the top of the picture is an extra just in case I mess one up beyond all repair. I know these knives will have mistakes and blemishes and my plan is to do this again next year for same people and see how far I have progressed in that period. I will post pictures when I get more work done. Comments, criticisms, and advice will be greatly appreciated. I know the pic isn't very good but I decided to do the WIP on impulse. I have wanted to do it before but to be honest it is a little intimidating when just starting out as a knife maker and seeing on the beautiful work on this site. :biggrin:

Attachments

• wip1.jpg
    wip1.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 37
Akey

You got a really good start. But, you have a lot of work to do before Christmas gets here.

I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. Get after it.

DeMo

Back