friction folders WIP- 6 batch

lerman

hello,
here is a wip for a batch of six friction folders i'm working on

tapping titanium is a pita

dissolving the broken the tap in Hydrochloric acid

making the back spacers

hello,
the blades are off to get heat treated and i'm getting some pogress on the handles in the meanwhile.

the handles are ready for anodizing, and i saved the best for last, some awesome lightning strike carbon fiber

You certainly are doing some quality work and it shows ! Did you know you can buy a a tap holding handle that has a free turning shaft to fit in your drill press for alignment for about $15 - $20? It's simple. You turn it by hand. I haven't broken a tap using it in over two years. They still do wear out however. Frank

You certainly are doing some quality work and it shows ! Did you know you can buy a a tap holding handle that has a free turning shaft to fit in your drill press for alignment for about $15 - $20? It's simple. You turn it by hand. I haven't broken a tap using it in over two years. They still do wear out however. Frank

hi Frank, i bought one about a week ago but it's to long for my mini sherline mill,
but i just ordered this taping guide, looks like it would work fine, i'm on the look for a tapmatic anyway:)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400464401243?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Phenomenal work Lee. With any luck, I'll add one of your knives to my collection someday.

coming from a fellow knife maker that is the best compliment a knife maker can get in my opinion :D, thanks

some more pics tomorrow hopefully

this is my first time anodizing titanium, i must say that i'm pleased with the results,
thanks to my friend and fellow knife maker rudy zirlin for explaning how to do it and leting me use his anodizing setup.

That is some great work and thanks for showing the progress. I checked out your website and I am impressed. Really like the lines of your blades. Keep up the good work.

blades are back for HT

turning the blad inlays

ready for logo etching

final assembly

Back