DeMo Knife Thread

Had the pleasure to finish up another knife on Memorial Day. It seemed fitting since it is going to a veteran.

This is a 9 inch hunter made from 1075. 5 inch handle-4inch blade. Brass bolsters, pins, and thong tube. Black G10 liners. First time using California Buckeye Burl. TruOil finish - I think 8 coats but I lost count. Polished up nicely. I'm very pleased on how this turned out.

A big thank you to John Doyle. When he says he has some nice buckeye, believe him. It is nice. A great guy to deal with if you ever have the chance. Nike says, "Just do it!". Seriously, I have dealt with John Doyle several times. He always delivers.

Sheath is black with a star concho. I cannot wait to deliver this knife. Take a look and let me know what you think.

DeMo

DSC05226.jpg

DSC05223.jpg

DSC05245.jpg

DSC05244.jpg

DSC05235.jpg

DSC05234.jpg

DSC05232.jpg

DSC05239.jpg

DSC05238.jpg

DSC05243.jpg

DSC05240.jpg

DSC05236.jpg

I forgot to add. This is the first time that I hot stamped with my new stamp (last picture). I have been listening to Ed say you should use your name. So I did.

It was weird stamping a glowing object. It turned out okay without any major burns and I still have all my fingers. Next time, I will line it up just a little bit better.

DeMo

Man, that looks awesome! Beautiful. I love the handle. Great sheath work too.

Edit: that sheath design is perfect for me. I keep my skinning knife in my hunting bag 24-7-365. It never hangs on my belt. Can I borrow this design?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nice design Dennis. You have been on a roll lately with the knives. Love the Buckeye. I'll second the nomination for John and his wood.

Nice design Dennis. You have been on a roll lately with the knives. Love the Buckeye. I'll second the nomination for John and his wood.

Thanks for stopping by Ty. It seems to always go in spurts. Start a few knives. Finish a few knives. Work on a few knives. Take pictures of a finished knife. It will be a while before I post another knife. Time to work on a few knives and see if they can get finished.

DeMo

Well, that sucks. I have been using Photobucket for posting pictures. Up until now, I have enjoyed using their site.

However, I am not going to pay their ransom to keep my pictures showing on this thread. I will find another free photo site and I will start another thread.

I am kind of bummed that this thread will just get lost because of Photobucket's marketing choices.

Back