DeMo Knife Thread

Dennis, I know you have knives on here that have more detail work to them. But I think this one is my favorite. Thanks for sharing it.

Here is the latest out of the shop. 4 inch blade (1075) and 4 inch handle (elk, osage orange, englsih walnut) Stainless steel guard and pin. Custom mosaic pin in butt cap. Wickett and Craig leather sheath (brown) with light tooling.

DSC05139.jpg

DSC05142.jpg

DSC05145.jpg

DSC05147.jpg

Love it... especially the mosaic butt cap... very cool. I don't know if it's okay to ask but how did you make that star in the mosaic pin? That's really neat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love it... especially the mosaic butt cap... very cool. I don't know if it's okay to ask but how did you make that star in the mosaic pin? That's really neat.

You can ask me just about anything and I will respond accordingly. I did not make the star. I bought it at Ace hardware. It comes in 12 inch lengths and in two sizes (large/small). This one is a 1/4 inch pin. Just about any hardware store will carry these little pieces. All you have to do is mix and match and then add the epoxy. I usually make my pins in 2 1/2 inch lengths at a time. Easier to work with for me. You can color your epoxy just about any color you desire. It is a nice custom touch. You can get ovals, squares, rounds, lots of choices...

Here is another one that just got finished up. Again, elk but with Red Mallee Burl. 4 inch blade (1075) and 4 inch handle. SS guard and double pins. Custom mosaic pin in butt cap (slightly different that other knife), Wickett and Craig leather (medium brown) with black edges. This knife will actually accompany the last knife to its new home. (Father-daughter) Kind of neat as the elk came from a shed that they found together. So the knives are from the same elk shed/shared experience.

DSC05164.jpg

DSC05167.jpg

DSC05175.jpg

DSC05177.jpg

Okay, I have one last elk knife to post and then I will move on to another project. I am having problems with photobucket. I hope this works out.

This knife is 1075, elk handle, 416 SS guard and pins, maple butt cap with aqua fortis finish, Wickett & Craig Sheath (brown/black edges). 5 inch blade, 5 inch handle.

Enjoy!

DeMo

DSC05210_1.jpg

DSC05209_1.jpg

DSC05202.jpg

DSC05197_1.jpg

DSC05212.jpg

DSC05203.jpg

DSC05190_1.jpg

DSC05193_1.jpg

Okay, I have one last elk knife to post and then I will move on to another project. I am having problems with photobucket. I hope this works out.

This knife is 1075, elk handle, 416 SS guard and pins, maple butt cap with aqua fortis finish, Wickett & Craig Sheath (brown/black edges). 5 inch blade, 5 inch handle.

Enjoy!

DeMo

DSC05210_1.jpg

DSC05209_1.jpg

DSC05202.jpg

DSC05197_1.jpg

DSC05212.jpg

DSC05203.jpg

DSC05190_1.jpg

DSC05193_1.jpg

Whoa! Gorgeous! I don't know the names of the parts, but the line where the cutting edge starts is awesome! The plunge line maybe? I like that a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can now tell the whole story on the elk knives. The shed was found by a father, daughter and son in law in the State of Nevada. They graciously gave it to me. In turn, I made each of them a knife from the shed. Now, they can share the memory. I hardly ever have more than one finished knife in my possession. It is rare for me to take pictures of a set of knives. Luckily, I got to take a few pictures of all three (3) elk knives while they were still together. Here you go. On to new projects.

DeMo

DSC05214.jpg

DSC05216_1.jpg

DSC05217_1.jpg

DSC05218.jpg

Back