Best supplier for Kydex

• Thread starter RMB Custom Leather.com
  • Start date
R

RMB Custom Leather.com

Does anyone know of some good suppliers of Kydex. Also what is the best thickness for knife sheaths.

Interstateplastics.com is I think the best bang for the buck. I was going to buy just 10 sheets once, then i got free shipping by ordering two more, so now I have more kydex than I will probably ever use. The sheets are 12x24 too, so that is nice.

Oops. Sorry Tracy. I love your site, and plug it whenever possible. I did get a deal on interstate plastics, though, but I bought a ton of it.

USAKNIFEMAKER.COM ROCKS!!!

Oops. Sorry Tracy. I love your site, and plug it whenever possible. I did get a deal on interstate plastics, though, but I bought a ton of it.

USAKNIFEMAKER.COM ROCKS!!!

seriously, no worries on that. this place is/needs to be wide open for choices on suppliers and services..the more the better.

I bought all of my kydex from interstate prior to making Tracy's acquaintance. I must say that thier customer service is very good and shipping was almost as quick as Tracy's. Much Like Matt, I now have enough kydex to last forever it seems. I have all sizes and much more than I will probably use in the next several years. Now if I could just find a good deal on Tek-Loks.

Murph

there are NO good deals on tekloks

Unless you can get Blade tech to sell you a bunch at once...Might be something that Tracy can look into

I quit using them or even offering them due to the cost and availability...I prefer my homemade belt loops and home Molle thingies

I will be carrying tekloks one way or the other. I am working on it. I have been in contact with Bladetech.

Thanks everyone I also found another one who is just getting into Kydex but I know they seem to have good customer service and prices. http://springfieldleather.com/store/ Check the shipping cost. Can you get wholesale prices from that Interstate plastics website? update: I contacted Interstate plastics and they do have wholesale prices and free shipping for large orders so they have the best deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone I also found another one who is just getting into Kydex but I know they seem to have good customer service and prices. http://springfieldleather.com/store/ Check the shipping cost. Can you get wholesale prices from that Interstate plastics website?

yea ya sure can...

problem is

They only carry regular Kydex not the concealex that Tracy carries

I love that stuff, but I have a bucketload of regular to work through

When I used Kydex I purchased it from Interstate as they had the best prices. I now will only use Concealex which I usually buy 320 square feet at a time.

What are the differences between Kydex and Concealex? I have been using concealex from Tracy and like it. It seems to form very tight to my knives. Almost too tight so you can't get the knives out even with out any fasteners. Also have you tried to make a belt clip with it? Seems like it would work ok, but not sure about cold weather.

I mostly like the texture and workability of concealex ten times better than kydex. I will never go back to kydex. As far as yout fit. Make sure you put a few layers of tape on the blade being moulded. I put two layers of blue painters tape on each side. It gives the blade some space for grit and for fit.

Back