what about this lightbox

dienekis

Hallo to everyone,

I am looking to buy a lightbox and i was wondering if this one is any good .
Has anyone of you used it before?

Thanks
Vagelis

Could work. I prefer flash lighting, it gives me more light and better dept of field. Better focus. More of the photo area in focus. 100 watt light bulb is not a very bright light source. Check out Cowboy Studios kits. They have them with flash units. Cost I bit more with flash, but worth it.IMHO.

If you search here you will find threads on this subject and what others have done.

http://knifedogs.com/showthread.php?26524-Light-box-photos

Last edited:
Could work. I prefer flash lighting, it gives me more light and better dept of field. Better focus. More of the photo area in focus. 100 watt light bulb is not a very bright light source. Check out Cowboy Studios kits. They have them with flash units. Cost I bit more with flash, but worth it.IMHO.

If you search here you will find threads on this subject and what others have done.

http://knifedogs.com/showthread.php?26524-Light-box-photos

Thanks alot Sir

Never saw one like that.
Is the light inside the tent?

My tent is sheer white fabric that is stretched over a frame so it makes a cube.

I'd say to do some more research.
The lights are an integral part of the system.
I have a new set of "hot lights" basically high intensity bulbs in reflectors... the reflectors could be the old school models with the clamps.
The right bulbs are the deal.

Flashes are nice, but that runs into some money...

Never saw one like that.
Is the light inside the tent?

My tent is sheer white fabric that is stretched over a frame so it makes a cube.

I'd say to do some more research.
The lights are an integral part of the system.
I have a new set of "hot lights" basically high intensity bulbs in reflectors... the reflectors could be the old school models with the clamps.
The right bulbs are the deal.

Flashes are nice, but that runs into some money...

Thanks Ebbtide,Yeah i found out 2 days ago the buld trick.I guess also big part goes also in the quality of the fabric.
But yeah i am still searching thanks for the tip :)

Here is a shot of my little basement studio set up

As you can see the lights are quite bright (& hot!).

The soft box folds flat into a small round package.

I hope that helps some :)

Here is a shot of my little basement studio set up

As you can see the lights are quite bright (& hot!).

The soft box folds flat into a small round package.

I hope that helps some :)

I saw this now :) Great and it helps thanks!

Just a thought. rather than lighting from the side, move one of the lights to the rear. if you need a bit of fill then light from the front with the light feathered. you should see improvement in the results.

Good tip Murray.
Those lights get moved all over… In this instance, the light behind the light box would've been rough on my cell phone snapshot.
:D

ripstop nylon makes a great difuser. There are some premade panels as well with pockets in the corners that can be stretched over a frame, like simple pvc. I have a few sizes of those and they work well

for a light source, i use daylight temp CFL's that are equal to 100Watt bulbs. they stay cool, the light is more blue than conventional bulbs so less color correction when processing, price is good pack of 4 for less than $10.

Back