My 9" round sandpaper cutter.

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
I use a lot of 9" rounds on my 3 disk grinders and y'all know that stuff is too expensive to buy and cutting them with scissors is slow,so I designed and fabricated this apparatus to quickly cut as much paper as I want.
I used the carbide cutting wheel out of an old tile cutter for the blade,all the other stuff I had laying around the shop,old countertop,pine 2x2,sheet metal,ipe wood,screws,bolts,nuts,washers,1/2" round bar stock,1" wood dowel.
I tried to load a video but it wouldn't work so here are some photos.
Y'all enjoy!

Great idea Clalvin, and nice build.

I just have to ask though, why not use spray adhesive then trim with a razor knife?

There are several ways to skin a cat, I just find it hard to perfectly center a precut disc on my disc sander, so the glue and cut method works better for me.
Again, just curious.

God Bless
Mike

It's a great one Calvin !!! My friend Rod Nielsen who sells the magnetic disc grinder with love to have this. I will get him to promise me one just for passing on your "plans". Frank

Great idea Clalvin, and nice build.

I just have to ask though, why not use spray adhesive then trim with a razor knife?

There are several ways to skin a cat, I just find it hard to perfectly center a precut disc on my disc sander, so the glue and cut method works better for me.
Again, just curious.

God Bless
Mike

Your right,that's one way to skin this cat.
I don't have any trouble getting the round paper centered on the disk.
I can cut more round paper in 30 minutes than I can use in a week. When I'm grinding a blade I can change paper quickly from one grit to the next. That's why I thought this cutter was a good idea,it's a time saver for me.

It's a great one Calvin !!! My friend Rod Nielsen who sells the magnetic disc grinder with love to have this. I will get him to promise me one just for passing on your "plans". Frank
Frank,
This is a crudely made machine but if you like I will disassemble it and post photos of an exploded view.

Great idea Calvin. :D I've moved to a big roll of 9" paper for mine that I cut discs off - it would be cool to have the roll on a bar behind this cutter so I could just feed it through. :D

Wanted to comment earlier but wasnt registered.... GENIUS!! Amazes me what people come up with, well done.

Back