Announcing 2014 KnifeDogs Hammer In...Sept 12,13,14 2014

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
We have scheduled next years KnifeDogs Hammer In...

Cost is $45...

The dates are September 12,13,14 2014
Scheduled Content:
LINER LOCKS instructed by RB Johnson.
RB Johnson has been a full time knife maker for 30+ (maybe 40?) years and specializes in high end liner locks. He will be demonstrating how he makes a liner lock from start to finish. If you are not aware of RB's work it is because he rarely advertises and is not active on the internet. Most of his knives are sold to previous customers or via word of mouth or knife shows. It is no stretch to say he is one of the most experienced and respected folder makers in the custom knife business. He generally works in high end materials and he is fearless when he works with them. Here is a link to his web site gallery: http://rbjohnsonknives.com/rbjgallery/

Slip Joints instructed by Keith Johnson

MAKING DAMASCUS: bar (and mosaic canister?): Peter Martin

Engraving: Doug Southerland. Doug has to clear the date with his family but is sure he can make it. We will have at least one engraving station and probably two set up for people to try their hand at engraving. Doug will be engraving a slip joint knife during the hammer in.

BASIC KNIFE FORGING: Jim Pohling

Friday 3pm to 7pm: meet and greet, light supper served around 6pm

Friday 7pm to 10pm: Friday night classes start
Saturday 8:30am to 6pm
Sunday 8:30am to 2pm: shop closes at 3pm

Attendance will be limited to 20 people. First come with paid deposits, first serve. We already have 5 reservations

Last edited by a moderator:
Boss, I'm looking forward to this one and the 2013 gathering hasn't even started. RB is one heck of a good knife maker and everyone will take something away when they watch him. It just keeps getting better and better.

revised the original posting to add Peter Martin for Damascus, Doug Sutherland for engraving, KRJohnson for another slippy class and Jim Pohling will be knife forging.

Last edited:
We have our leather instructor scheduled. Tandy Leather store owner Yohan Potgieter will be instructing in stamping, leather sheath fabrication and ongoing leather demonstration. He is exceptionally knowledgeable about leather working, tools and the leather industry. We are fortunate to get him to come and teach.

Hey Tracy, Getting ready to put in for the time off at work. I talked with Keith Johnson and he might have a slip joint to make for the demo that we will offer for the wounded warrior project. Please let me know the fine details through my email listed below. Thanks and looking forward to it. Sounds like its gonna be a great hammer inn so sign up early folks.
nckengraver@gmail.com

I'll try to make it this year.
I was doing a Take-down seminar for the ABS in Topeka this last Fall.
Keith and Jim wanted me to come with them, but I just couldn't get away.
Next time.

It'd be good to have you Karl...we should have a real good weekend for this one...

Bossman,
I will throw my Kydex sheath making stuff in the family truckster and be on hand if anyone needs a sheath.
Steve

Very much looking forward to this. This is the only thread I found on this weekend event so if there is more info out there please direct me. Thanks

Back