Everyone need a prayer now and then!

C Craft

I am not much for asking this but I would like you all to say a prayer for my wife. I have known her for 33 years now and we have been married for 32 years. I thought I was going to loose her last week.
She has been sick off and on for an extended period of time. Last week her symptoms were so bad that it made me take her to the local ER. Her symptoms had taken a woman who is a very capable business manager for a local Pediatric program and debilitate her to the point; she was not even the same person I knew.
They hospitalized her and kept her for nearly a week. After a battery of tests and blood work we are really no closer than before she was hospitalized to a diagnosis. They finally released her Sunday and I have her home again. Shke is doing better but continues to be in extreme pain. We continue to go to other doctors in a search as too what caused her problems.
While in the hospital they did discover her carotid artery has some blockage and we will be following up on that. They also said she was developing postherpetic neuralgia which is caused by repeated outbreaks of the shingles. This is so painful that I watched them give here shot of Morphine through her IV for the pain and they might have well given her a drink of water at the time. We will follow up on this also. It is great that both of these problems where discovered, however the doctors do not think they caused the problems she was hospitalized for. Although I am not so sure, at least not till I talk some more with her other doctors, I think they may have very well caused her problems
I believe in the power of prayer so I will thank you for any you send her way!

Prayers for you and yours buddy. Hang in there, the pro's are there for a reason.

We will keep you both in our prayers.

Chris

Shingles by itself is no picnic! Hope things get better and they find out the main problem. Prayers sent.

We will continue to pray for your wife and you,I pray they find what is causing her these problems.
Let us know how she is doing.

God bless,Keith

Thanks to all of you who have replied. You really have no idea what it means to sign in here and see my fellow knife makers leave their thoughts and prayers for my wife and me. Some of you I am sure don’t know me or my wife but you take the time to let us know how you feel and to send a prayer!

This promises to be a long term affair unless we happen to get with that one doctor that says Aw ha, I am afraid. A "doctor house" so to speak! For now we continue to treat the problems that have been found and hope some one is smart enough to put it all together!

We all ready have doctor’s appointments from now till into mid December and some of those will have seen her for the first time in her life.
But once again I thank you I know a prayer is a powerful thing, I know it is!!!

Last edited:
Update on the misses:

We got good news yesterday that the 1st test on the Misses carotid artery was a mistake. On the first test it showed a 70% blockage. The second test a much better test showed only 40% blockage. While this blockage needs to watched carefully, the doctor said it was not unexpected. Given the fact she had to have multiple stints put into heart to open up a blockage a few years back. The blockage had always been there but had never been scanned and therefore never caught before!

Her trip to the Neurologist left us with about as many questions as answers. However he is working on trying to find answers. Since yesterday was her first visit to him it may take some time.

The other good news, in a way is her shingles finally broke out into the rash so hopefully it will begin a period where the pain begins to subside. Typically in the past that has lasted week to three weeks!

So you see, I do believe the power of prayer, it does help!

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that things are looking up. Prayers are still coming. Keep us posted.

Erin

That sounds like some good news, sir, and I hope her condition improves rapidly. We won't forget you in our prayers and thoughts.

Back