on/off switch for my NWG?

Geoffrey

I have my NWG frame all built, ( well did, I tore most of it apart again and I am making a few modifications ) I have my motor mounted and I am getting ready to do my electrical work.

Years ago I did work on power tools, electric motors, etc but time/age seems to have taken all of that I once knew.

I am planning on using a 10 gauge wire with a plug on one end, a electrical box with my switch then a wire out to the motor.

My motor is 115V, 16amp, and 1.5hp.

What do I need for a switch?

My motor has a wiring diagram for CW and CCW so I am sure I can follow that. Just completely spaced on what I will need for a switch.

Thanks all! :biggrin:

Geoffrey

I have a wiring kit that includes an 8' molded power cord, cable gland, wire nuts, switch with dust proof rubber boot and wiring instructions. The 115v is $45.00 and 230v is $60.00.
I knock out one of the smaller knock outs provided on the wiring box for the wire entry and cable gland and another to mount the switch.
Let me know if I can help you.

If you don't go with Wayne's kit, you can really use just about any SPST switch, as long as it's rated for 110VAC/15A or so.

I use a standard light switch for mine.

Thank you both.

I ended up finding a motor rated switch at my local motor supply. It'll work with my current 110v setup and will also work when I get a 220 outlet in.

I wired it up and it seems to work pretty fantastically.

Thanks again.

Back