Longer hamons on a folder

Chuck Gedraitis Knives

I thought that you might like to see this folder that I just finished up. It is a little different for me but I like how it turned out. If anyone has seen this done before please let me know, I personally have never seen it before.

The blade is 3-7/8in long and 3/4in wide made of W-1 and differentially heat treated to produce a nice hamon. In order to make the hamon look longer I also heat treated the bolsters with clay and produced a hamon in those as well. I feel that this makes the blade look longer than it really is. Just by chance the hamon in the bolsters lined right up with the one in the blade. The scales are premium mammoth ivory that have lots of crackling along with some nice green colors, especially on the "A" side. The liners have been anodized kind of a blue/purple color. The backspacer is black micarta and runs the entire length of the knife up to the stop pin. The overall length is 8-3/4inches.
Let me know what you think.
Regards,
Chuck

TantowithHamon2.jpg

TantowithHamonb.jpg

TantowithHamonclosed.jpg

That is a SWEEEEEET knife. I'm drooling all over the keyboard. Super hamon, beautiful lines, awesome look. It is spot on in my book!!!

Pat

Back