Looking for information on LaGrange knives

alco251

I recently received a LaGrange fixed blade fighting knife and I'm looking for information about the maker and any feedback from people who own and use LaGrange knives

Um, I know of no other maker than myself that makes knives under the Lagrange knife banner. Send me a PM if you need information.

Last edited:
Okay...I guess this person didnt want to ask me about me...so I am going to close my eyes and cover my ears and you guys can go ahead and give him the low down.
I promise I wont peek.

I've been known to make a mess, I can make noise, I have made a nuisance of myself, I have made no sence. I have made a mountain over a mole hill, I have made more than necessary, I have made tactical errors. I have made waste, I have made a friendship, I have made incompetent decisions, I even made a nuclear warhead once with a swiss army knife, a spool of thread, and some duct tape (not).
But I dont recall ever having made a (task specific) fighting knife.

I've been known to make a mess, I can make noise, I have made a nuisance of myself, I have made no sence. I have made a mountain over a mole hill, I have made more than necessary, I have made tactical errors. I have made waste, I have made a friendship, I have made incompetent decisions, I even made a nuclear warhead once with a swiss army knife, a spool of thread, and some duct tape (not).
But I dont recall ever having made a (task specific) fighting knife.

lol !!!!!!!!!!!!

On the other hand, I was recently told I suffer from dementia.

On the other hand, I was recently told I suffer from dementia.

I happen to be in possession of proof that,contrary to popular belief it was your great,great,great grandfather,Troyer Lagrange that made the fighter that Jim Bowie used in that famous fight on the sandbar way back then.
I will open the safe that containes this proof on The History Channel on April 1st,y'all be sure to tune in.:noway:

Gosh Calvin, I didnt know anyone knew about that. I was told that my great grandfather Al Capone Troyer stuck it away in a safe years ago, but no one knew the location.

Gosh Calvin, I didnt know anyone knew about that. I was told that my great grandfather Al Capone Troyer stuck it away in a safe years ago, but no one knew the location.
You can't always believe those family legends. I also have the original ax that George Washington chopped down the cherry tree with. The head has been replaced once and the handle twice but other than that its all original!:15:

I got bored and did some searching. It looks like there was a South African knifemaker named Fanie LaGrange that passed away last year....

It is with great sadness that I must report that Fanie La Grange passed away this morning.
Fanie was one of the founders of the Cape Knifemakers Guild, and a former member of the
Knifemakers Guild of Southern Africa dating back to 1986.

Albert Faasen visited him on Saturday after our CKG meeting as he was recovering from
pneumonia. Fanie will always be remembered for his unique knife designs, which remain an
inspiration to many people to this day.

I would call that extreme boredom. I never knew about Fanie. I came up with the name because I live in Lagrange Indiana. I have heard that Gil Hibbens makes knives out of Lagrange Kentucky, but his name is on the side of his knives.

It was probably that guy that the OP was looking for. I'm fairly humdrum as a maker, and I have yet to do a fighter.

Back