New W2 fighter and others

Bruce Barnett

Gday all,

Here is 4 new ones that i have managed to get finished for our Adelaide Custom Knifeshow this weekend.

The 3 are from the top: 9" W2 chopper with stainless gaurd and ringed Gidgee handle which i still need to mark and do a kydex sheath for.
The middle one is 5.75" of 1075 I had forged which Shawn McIntyre used in one of his heat treat demo's at Keith's Hammer In. It has a Nickel Silver gaurd, copper & red spacer material with a Lace Sheoak handle.Once marked it will get a leather sheath.
The last one is 5.25" of 1075 I had forged which was the very rusty knife I showed those at Keith's Hammer In during my leather sheath & kydex making demo. I stripped it back to a bare blade and refinished it with Nickel Silver, copper and black spacer material with a birdseye Ironbark handle.Has a leather sheath.

The S gaurd fighter in DH3's W2 is the first blade ive put a habaki on, the 1st ive put an S gaurd on and the 1st time ive used Sandalwood as a handle material. The habaki is mokume made from Copper, Sterling Silver and Shibuichi. The gaurd is twisted 1010,1095 & 15N20 that has been browned. The 9" W2 blade is convex ground and was clayed before quenching.

Cheers Bruce

Attachments

• DSCF0657_edited-1 (Medium).jpg
    DSCF0657_edited-1 (Medium).jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 47
  • W2 SGaurd (Medium).jpg
    W2 SGaurd (Medium).jpg
    48 KB · Views: 32
Back