My "Sackett" Bowie

Church & Son

Back in '79 Sam Elliott stared along with Tom Selleck in a movie called the "Sacketts". One of my all time favorite westerns...Elliott played "Tell Sackett" and carried a huge Bowie in a shoulder sheath...I've wanted to do one for a long time...Here's Sam with his....

sacketts05_zps735041aa.jpg

Mine is the version after he spent time with the friendly Indians....
15″ overall with 10″ sharp x 2″ deep….
Forged from a ’40′s Rio truck spring on charcoal, quenched in water…No electricity used..
Bolster poured from pewter and non-lead fishing weights….
Handle is from a big whitetail….
Sheath is rawhide deer over veg-tan with an egg tanned Elk cuff and fringe…..
Shoulder belt is from an old hunting bag I made and didn’t like so it got its-self re-used…No dye on the sheath… dirt, grease and varnish with a few beads…

tell2_zpsf2a51c13.jpg

tell5_zps089e6c10.jpg

tell6_zpse6197f9c.jpg

tell9_zps19136087.jpg

tell10_zps6a90874f.jpg

tell11_zps378375e4.jpg

tell1_zps3f739d5b.jpg

Kind of loses something with the 2013 attire but ya get the point......

I think that's the best looking blade I've seen from you, Randy. I really like that one. And the leather is top-notch for sure. :)

Randy I never get tired of looking at your work. Its always so different and good. Keep m comming. KT

Randy,
I like your taste in movies and I just might like your take on this knife and sheath better than the original. VERY NICE!!!!!!!!
Wade

Thanks Gents....This one was fun...
I had it on at realjob yesterday at one of our "kickoff" meetings for a new project...The handle was sticking out of my jacket....
A lot of glimpses and no-one said anything but the meeting was extremely short...

I had it on at realjob yesterday at one of our "kickoff" meetings for a new project...The handle was sticking out of my jacket....
A lot of glimpses and no-one said anything but the meeting was extremely short...

:lol::lol:You are absolutely "THE Man" Randy!!

Back