American Cancer Society Fund Raiser Donation Plege Thread

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
We are starting our American Cancer Society pledge drive....

We aren't looking for you money --- yet.

In this thread, we are soliciting donations of knives, (custom or production) we can use for fund raising. We are asking for any other in kind donations of services, supplies for knife making or makers.

And we aren't done asking yet. We'll take other cool stuff that would go well in a fund raiser.

We want to be the biggest, charity fund raising knife forum in the business. We are serious about paying forward and helping others out.

We will work out details later. Post your donation pledge in this thread we can all recognize you and your sponsorship.

We will kick off our ACS charity events in December.

We need co-ordinators, we need people to spread the gospel, we need fund raisers, we need people to step up.

Thanks for helping out fantastic cause.
Thanks for Vince (VCM) for getting us headed down the path of doing something good.

I encourage any and all comments, suggestions here also.

t

Alex Shunnarah just emailed me and said he going to donate a knife. I'll leave any further details to him.

Put me down for a folder. (slip joint knife)

Vince ask for a fix blade, but I'm not doing any...... :rolleyes::mad:

So it will be a folder.

Hope it helps some?

Later,

Todd

I'll be donating a knife myself...
I'll also kick in some KnifeDogs stuff...

Tracy,Thanks so much for saying this so loud & clear.I really appreciate it.
This week,brings a donated knife,to me,from Mike Miller.I'll post pictures of it,in this main forum,as a pre view,to the raffle,for it.

Tracy,I apologize,for not keeping in touch too much,but have been a little busy.I have been thinking a lot on this,though.

If it is OK,with you & all here,I'd like to submit the proceeds from the donars I have worked with,to the ACS,but represented by my wife's Relay for Life team (I'm on the team,too) . All and any others,can be sent in directly.
Last year,in the event heald in the park here in my town (next to my home),raised over 100k,our team,did over 6 k The funds I send in,have to be after the new year,for the 2010 Relay event.That is why in the sticky thread,I posted I'd be doing this,from Jan. 2010,to May2010
http://www.knifedogs.com/showthread.php?t=2474
This cancer research is needed,it is keeping people alive .

Tracy & all,kicking this off,prior to Jan. 2010,is a GREAT thing.
As of now,I have six pledged custom handmade knives,from accomplished makers,Tracy,you're one of 'em ;)

I hope this becomes an annual event.
I want to thank Tracy,Jeff & Bill,for putting up with my ramblings.
I'd like to thank the knifemakers that immediately donated to me & all & any,of you,for the future.

Thanks,so much,
-Vince

Tracy,
You can put me down for a knife. I have something I should be able to finish up by the first or second week in December.
-John

Patrick (Nihiser P. R.) says he'll donate a proto neck knife; that will be marked proto, won't be able to touch it for at least a month. Wondering if anyone would like to donate sheathwork for it? (guess I'm his secretary now) He doesn't make sheaths. Say's thats why he makes folders!:D

Fred Rowe is donating one of his bubble jigs...

bubblejigmachine.jpg_008.jpg

Back