An idea for any of you in the UK

LiamLynch

This applies to everyone but more so to those in places where automatic knives are illegal. I want to make them because they are cool but I can't here but I had the idea to make automatic seatbelt cutters to leave in your car, if you need to save space or something and for some reason wouldn't want a full tang type thing, why not an OTF? I don't really see why it's a bad idea and it technically isn't illegal in the UK, what do you guys think? I know that this area of the site probably isn't patrolled by us Brits so tell people about it please. That's about all I have to say about that.

You would be entering the grey area of law where it would be you against the magistrates, there is no clear answer unfortunately.

I agree they are awesome but, for me at least, not sufficiently awesome to be worth the risk :)

as a side note, the inside of your car in this instance is considered a public place, therefore to leave a locker in it is the same as carrying one in public, you have to have a justifiable reason and again, this is down to the opinion of the Officer who finds it.

Hope this helps :)

But it wouldn't be a knife or possible to use as a weapon any more than a regular seatbelt cutter so it wouldn't be illegal.

But it wouldn't be a knife or possible to use as a weapon any more than a regular seatbelt cutter so it wouldn't be illegal.

I agree with your statement,
But I do not live in the UK. Make a prototype and take it around to the bobbies or what ever they call the police these days and see what they say?

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

I wasn't asking about the legality of it though, I am asking about what people think of it in practical terms.

its a great idea! :)
for me the enjoyment in make folders is as much the mechanics of them as anything, so whether or not it is a knife doesnt matter, be sure to post the results!

Back