how to fix THIS?!

SHOKR

hey

i would like to say in advance that i did not do that, i sent the knife to my HT to messure hardness, it returned like that. i am guessing someone there used it, thought he would 'fix' it and i just wouldnt notice!

20121220_202613.jpg

20121220_202518.jpg

i want to fix that, i am will have to sand the bevel i know, but problem is part of the ricasso and above bevel is ruined too, how do i fix that without doing more damage to the lines? (hold knife and rub on sand paper? or is there better way?

also how to deal with VERY light rust spots? i tried sponge didnt work, scotch made scratches!

thanks

For light rusting, use an abrasive cleaning powder, something like Ajax or Barkeeper's Friend. As for the knife, its horrible that someone would do that and not have the decency to mention it let alone, treat it with respect and leave it alone. Did you give them a call and ask them about it?

First I would talk to the Owner of the supposed HT shop for a refund on this blade.

Then its time for a Design modification! You need to regrind & shape the blade back into something presentable and useable. Just keep dunking with sharp belts and you also have a chance to learn some about how to fix, Screw ups! :biggrin: These can be very educational.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Mike, i told the engineer im in contact with, he says he doesnt know about it and asked me to show it to him, might do that next saturday

Laurence, will see how it goes with them
I was going to try doing it by hand, must regrind? Or that would save time you mean? I barely have any ricasso left and if i go any higher with the bevel it eill be full flat.

Thanks guys

Back