Fairbairn Sykes website

culdee

It has been a while since I was on here. In the meantime I have been very busy building a website dedicated to the British Commando Knife, the Fairbairn Sykes. I invite you to come check it out. If you have a question about one of your knives maybe we can help. If you are a collector and want to share some of your knives on our site we can do that too. Maybe you have a story to offer about a commando relative, or a particular knife that you have the story on. We'd love to post that. So come for a visit and I think you'll be surprised at what we have assembled. And if you have a knife to sell I may be interested.

2 beaselys 009.jpg

http://www.fairbairnsykesfightingknives.com/index.html

Great resource, I've bookmarked and will return frequently. You've rekindled my interest in F-S knives.
Thanks for posting, and sharing your work.

Cheers Mark

i went and looked at your slide show. Some very nice knives and super sheath work too. Thanks for checking out our website.

I also went on your website and found it very interesting!
I went to the Combined Military Services Museum website to look at the Peter Mason collection but could not see what it contains.
I have been trying to get information for a long time about the Shanghai dagger and would like to know the dimensions of the bayonet it was made from.
Thank you,
Fred

nice website...and interesting history. By the way, do you know anything about the Case pearl harbor Commerative F-S?
thanks
kd7

I have been away for a long time from this forum and apologize for unanswered questions. The Case commemoratives are nice knives but I think created more as a way to use up blades than anything else. The knife/knives replicates the USMC Stiletto of course.

1888.jpgHi fred, note the apology above. The daggers were made from 1888 lee Metford or 1903 Lee Metford bayonets. The blade is 12 inches long. Nicely double edged with hollow ground bevels. The daggers blades were approx. 5.5 to 5.75 inches long.

I also went on your website and found it very interesting!
I went to the Combined Military Services Museum website to look at the Peter Mason collection but could not see what it contains.
I have been trying to get information for a long time about the Shanghai dagger and would like to know the dimensions of the bayonet it was made from.
Thank you,
Fred

Last edited:
Culdee,
Thanks for the answer! About how thick were they? I will try to find info on the web.
Thanks again.
Fred

I have two new WW-II clandestine knives coming this week plus a Les George Spartan knives dagger whooppee!!

tine dagger.jpg Here is one of the new pieces. It is made from a tine of a pitchfork. Made in India during WW-II and stamped "I".

Top site i have visted many times.anyone know of any F S knifes for sale in nz ? please let me know,Cheers.And keep up the great work with your site.

Outstanding , excellent research. I learned a lot. I have one I traded for back in the '70's. I traded a PUMA White Hunter for it and two more knives. I will get it out of storage and try to identify which I have and if I made a bad trade. THANKS

Back