Hidden Tang Construction, my way

Thanks Bruce. He's out of stock on the thinner stuff, looks like he has 0.093" and 0.125". I was thinking of tryin G10 before asking you, do you prefer the vulcanized spacer?

Thanks Bruce. He's out of stock on the thinner stuff, looks like he has 0.093" and 0.125". I was thinking of tryin G10 before asking you, do you prefer the vulcanized spacer?

I like the vulcanized spacer material for everything. I prefer the .010" thickness for backing on scales and the thicker stuff for spacers on guards. Black always but sometimes the thin red under the scales.

I like the vulcanized spacer material for everything. I prefer the .010" thickness for backing on scales and the thicker stuff for spacers on guards. Black always but sometimes the thin red under the scales.

Yeah, I was thinking of using some 0.060" stainless for two spacers behind the guard, with corresponding black between them. I'm afraid the 0.093" Boss has is too thick for a balanced look. I'll either need to get thicker SS or thinner washers. Might just get some and make a mockup stack to see what it looks like. Thanks again.

Thanks for the tutorials I love going through them! I have a question about the superglue finish. Is the purpose of the debonder just to smooth out the bumps or does it help the super glue soak in better? Also, do you sand with the debonder?

Thanks for the tutorials I love going through them! I have a question about the superglue finish. Is the purpose of the debonder just to smooth out the bumps or does it help the super glue soak in better? Also, do you sand with the debonder?

Yes the debonder is to soften the superglue and allows you to smooth out the bumps. No do not sand at all untill the glue is sufficiently thick enough. be sure to let it dry overnight before sanding.

Awesome, can't wait to try it out. Thanks for all the help you give to us new guys. Your skills are much appreciated!

Back