DEADLINE MET! barely... New knives

F

Frank Fischer

Talk about deadlines... These guys had to be at fedex by 7:30pm and I got there at 7:29pm, it didn't help that I missed my alarm this morning, lost a thumbstud 3 times, took really crappy pics, locked my keys in my car, and anything else that could've went wrong... did. Enough of my drama and on with what we're here for.

These are my Raptors, with clip point blades. The top one wears my dads damascus, "swirly ****" pattern, 1095/15n20, cooked in Byrdies special soup. The back spacer is a piece of twist pattern damascus also cooked in the soup. They have an amazing array of colors, shades of blue, green, orange, red, rose, gold, brown, just magnificent, imo. This is the first piece of mammoth ivory I have worked with, first time gold plating and first time cooking damascus in the entirely too corrosive Byrdie soup. Orange peeled and heat colored gold ti frames, and ti heat colored tstud. The thumbstud is empty right now because it's recipient will be installing a preset stone in the hole I counter bored for him. The other is an s30v blade, orange peeled ti frames, cf scale, ti bspr and tsuds w/ cf inlay. Tell me what you think? Which one do you like?

Sorry for the really crappy pics, 5 minutes behind the camera is not enough...

Attachments

• LS 2 KNIVES resized.jpg
    LS 2 KNIVES resized.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 71
  • LS one knife.jpg
    LS one knife.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 65
  • spines resized.jpg
    spines resized.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 48
  • blade.jpg
    blade.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 50
I am sorry that your day had such a sucky start!! I DO hope it got better.

GREAT looking knives!!

I am sorry that your day had such a sucky start!! I DO hope it got better.

GREAT looking knives!!

Sure did, got home, made my round of posts, and am currently staring at pics of my knife... It was finished then shipped in about an hour. Didn't even get a chance to cut myself with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, when you're in a rush that's the way it usually happens,huh?
Great looking knives!! Thanks for the pics

Those are beautiful! Great looking grinds on that damascus one.

Back