State the top 5 knives you would buy in each or one of the following steels:

s30v
8cr13mov
D2
M4
any carbon steel
any tool steel
any steel not mentioned above

For example you could pick a Spyderco Paramilitary 2 in s30v or a Benchmade Griptillian in 154cm. Simply state 1 or several production folders you personally own or would like to buy. It can be any brand, as long as its a production folder. The cost of the knife isn't too relevant and can range anywhere from $30-$1000.

Last edited:
I Concer with Frank.
I and Frank are both Makers so we make what we want? I also own a Cutlery store.

Your question would give you much more feedback for what what knives to stock if you gave some examples, Like a Case, Buck, Kershaw or other production knives and then to the smaller shops like Benchmade, Protec etc.. With model and steel etc of course.

Then your price points would make more sense to people.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

None since there isn't even any blade steel information given let alone pictures. Frank

I Concer with Frank.
I and Frank are both Makers so we make what we want? I also own a Cutlery store.

Your question would give you much more feedback for what what knives to stock if you gave some examples, Like a Case, Buck, Kershaw or other production knives and then to the smaller shops like Benchmade, Protec etc.. With model and steel etc of course.

Then your price points would make more sense to people.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

I appreciate any constructive criticism so thanks for your feedback. I edited the post a little and made it more detailed and specific. Initially I was aiming to be a vague as possible so I wouldn't accidentally restrict some of the responses to this thread. Simply put, I was just asking what you're interested in. Just any production knife that you own or want.

Julian

I have no problem with the D2 or S30V blades I use from Spyderco. I think they did the heat treat right on most of them and overall performance sets the standard in the industry for what you should expect at least as far as using a premium edge geometry cutting tool goes. Of these models I'd stick with the Para 2 in S30V or D2 because in all likelihood if you needed to make a quick sale to gather some cash together quick down the road you can unload the Spyderco P2 knives pretty quick compared to anything else on your list. As for quick conversion to cash well, for me that is a big deal when buying, collecting or swapping knives. You have to have what people want or you end up stuck yourself with a knife that you may never break even on. Not that this is uncommon but no use hurting yourself anymore than you have to unless you just like that oddball knife that is harder to sell later because it is little known. Say what you want about Emerson, Spyderco, Strider or some of the others out there one thing they can all do for you is function as a small form of quick cash conversion later for needy situations. They move on the forums and there is interest in them so stick with that and you'll have a much more satisfying and rewarding experience collecting rather than one that burns you out cause you lost too much money leaving a bad taste in your mouth. Anyway, just my quick thoughts on the matter.

Doug Ritter RSK Mk1 (M390)
Spyderco Manix 2 XL (S30V)
Ganzo folder G7xx - model(s) still TBD (440C)

Back