new handle material (kirinite) by eagle grips

franklin

Hey guys we got some new stuff at the hammer inn to try as handle scales.
Its called Kirinite from eagle grips (Raj M Singh)
Works kind of like plastic but tuffer,be careful not to heat up to high and this stuff is cool,the lines in it look 3-d after you buff it out.
Here is some pics of the necker i just finished with it tell me or Boss what you think.

Attachments

• 100_3812.jpg
    100_3812.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 190
  • 100_3813.jpg
    100_3813.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 155
  • 100_3809.jpg
    100_3809.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 149
I think I want some!

Does it seem pretty durable? Also, any info on whether or not the darned health inspectors would approve it in commercial kitchens? Yeah, some municipalities only allow poly or SS type handles on the knives...

CT it seems durable,I dont now about health inspectors? I dont now what it is made from seems like a poly type material hope
boss jumps in here he nows more then i do.

Glad to see you got a knife done already with the Kirinite. It looks really good, I'm hoping to work on mine this weekend. I'm anxious to see some of the red and black Kirinite.

mooseyard what color did you get? works really nice by hand sanding just dont heat up your pins.

That Kirinite really pops on that one.
I better hurry and get it in.

Not my cup of tea (handle material not the knife, I like the knife) but might be cool in other color combo's

WOW Man!

It looks like the handle took some Pschcos! LOL. Cool! does it glow in the dark and leave trails too?

Just Joking Frankie! I am interested in trying some of that! It looks like it would be "Approved"
handle material for commercial kitchen use.

Do you know where I could contact this gentleman?

Keep your nose to the grind stone!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/
Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

At this point USAknifemaker.com will be the exclusive dealer for Kirinite knife handle material - at least initially. We will be starting with 6 different color pallets/patterns in 4 thicknesses (1/8", 3/16", 1/4", 3/8"). We are still working through the initial dealer set up and hopefully we can move it right along. It's amazing looking stuff. some of those attending our hammer in last weekend got a set of sample scales. We should see some others show up here also.

WOW Man!

It looks like the handle took some Pschcos! LOL. Cool! does it glow in the dark and leave trails too?

Just Joking Frankie! I am interested in trying some of that! It looks like it would be "Approved"
handle material for commercial kitchen use.

Do you know where I could contact this gentleman?

Keep your nose to the grind stone!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/
Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

Steve mine were 1/8 thick bent rather easy but the thicker stuff i felt almost like stabilized wood pretty solid, even the thin stuff i had did not crack around the pins when peened.
On a side note i sanded mine down to 400 grit then hit with green chrome and bamb buffed super shiny.

an update on this material..

I have talked to Raj at Eagle Grips. They are the sole USA distributor (it is make in the UK). He says we hope to have selling supply in place early to mid September. We placed an order for 6 color combinations initially and will build out our assortment from there over time.

In addition, Raj is going to send us a few samples for giveaway here.

Stay tuned, same bat time, same bat channel...
(scratch that last line -- too much Batman on TV Land I think)

Update: We anticipate a mid September arrival. Also a lower price than we talked about at the hammer in but that hasn't been entirely settled yet.

Back