Japanese Stone Maintenance

CattleMaster247

Hey guys I have a question for ya'll.
Ok so I own an edge pro professional, simply an awesome system. I have purchased the Chosera stones for the system and love them. I have found that the lower grit stones are much easier to clean especially if you do it as you go, however I am finding that the higher grit stones seem to not want to let go of the metal shavings, particularly in the 5k and 10k stones. As long as i clean as I go they are not to bad. but I made the mistake of not cleaning my 10k stone as I go and it seems to not want to let go of the shavings and appears not to be level due to the build up. I have tried scrubbing lightly with thooth brush and sponge, with little or no results. Do ya'll happen to have any suggestion on cleaning of the chosera stones and maintaining them.
Thanks
Dugan

I use a fine grit carburundum stone to clean all My japanese stones . Make sure it is the bonded type , so the material does not get stuck in your water stones . I keep the top flat and the edges slightly rounded so they dont break off under pressure . A little Nagura stone will help the stones polish better , builds up a nice slurry that polishes well.

Back