Engraved fighter

G. Shahan

Dog's,

I wanted to start this thread by saying thanks to Mr. Ken Hurst.
He is a true southern gentleman and interesting to talk to.
I posted this knife that I am working on a couple of weeks ago.
View attachment 1892
I sent the handle off to Mr. Hurst. A week or so later he sent this pic.
View attachment 1894
Looks great to me. What do you guys think?

Thanks, Greg

Last edited:
I think it looks great, but then again I like anything and everything that he does. Can't wait to see the finished product. You have a great start.

steve

That looks great....not just the blade....but Kens work ads that flair on everything he touches.

Very nice blade!

C

Thanks Guys.

I also want give a thumbs up to Mr. Hurst. He only has had this thing for about two weeks.

Greg

That total knife profile is all aces! 2thumbs

And Ken's work is outstanding... I can't wait to see it all come together!bouncewow1

Hey Greg, that's a nice knife you made. Mr Hurst is doing a fine job on engraving, beautiful work indeed. One of these days maybe I'll go to Oklahoma to visit you, God BLess. Rey in Texas

Absolutely stunning work! Maybe someday I will be able to make a knife as nice so that it would warrant some of his amazing touch. Great job to both of you.

Thanks for all the replies,

My Internet service has been on and off all week.
here is the last pic. Mr.Hurst has sent.
View attachment 2358
We talked on the phone a few days ago and he is all done.
I am now waiting on the mail man.

Thanks, Greg

Last edited:
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all for their kind words. I did work hard at trying to design something special for Mr. Greg's client. If anyone is interested in discussing an engraving project for themselves, I'd be happy to talk to them about it. I'm almost always in the shop seven days a week, 10-12-14 hours a day & have a phone right beside me. Thanks again, Ken 910-221-5288

Mike,
I am waiting on the handle to come back from Mr. Hurst.
Considering the recent lose of his wife my stuff is probably the last thing on his mind (as it should be). I talked to him on Saturday and he said it would be shipped that day.
Thanks for your interest.

Greg

Hey guys,

I Just got my handle back from Mr. Hurst.
I am stunned, this is absolutely beautiful.
These are pics of the knife loosely fitted together, I still have to blue the handle then grey the scroll work.
Once again, Thanks Mr. Hurst. I have enjoyed working with you and look forward to our next project.

Greg
View attachment 2906

View attachment 2907

View attachment 2908

Last edited:
Back