Hello and Intro

JPH

Hello from the Nevada Desert.

My name is Jim and I make metal stuff...found this site by accident and thought what the heck..may as well join...

Hope to be of some help every now and then and if I ask a dumb question..I am sorry but if you don't know..you don't know...

J

Thank you for the welcome..I would post some pics of what I do but me being a total ignoramus as far as compuers go I can not figure out how to sooooo

Thank you for the welcome...

JPH

HEllo:

OK I think I managed to figure out how to get some pics up...the first a small batch of RR spike knives. I do mine a little differently than more folks .Second is a pic of some tommy-hatchets and the last one is a CU of a blade I did out of some local gathered ore. Shows some really weird grain structures.

Hope these work..

JPH

Attachments

• DSC00991A.jpg
    DSC00991A.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC01075A.jpg
    DSC01075A.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC01168A.jpg
    DSC01168A.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 14
Hello:

Here is a sword that a dear frined and I started working on some 25 plus years ago...just finished it up recently.. There is a very interesting story associated with this particular sword. All in all I think it turned out pretty well...

JPH

ABT3.jpgABT1.jpgABT5.jpgABT4.jpg

Welcome JPH! If your name happens to be Jim and you're the JPH I'm thinking of, you make some very nice metal stuff.

Nathan

Now that is the first railroad spike knife that I can honestly say I like. Thanks for the pictures, and welcome to the pack.

Now that is the first railroad spike knife that I can honestly say I like. Thanks for the pictures, and welcome to the pack.

Hello:

Glad you like them..As I said I make mine a little differently than most do..form follows function and they way I hammer these out they arctually "feel" like a knife and not a sharpened pry bar. Couple that with the way I HT these they actually wind up with a full spring temper, not the hardest blade but hard enough to actually CUT like a knife and in the 40 plus years I have been making these things I have never had one break.

Every one comes out different to boot so that's the fun part. I literally have to make these by the dozen as they sell so quickly...THen again..just about all the stuff I make sells fast so I guess I must be doing something right...

JPH

Back