Sneak Peek - Almost off the bench!

Steven Janik

SUPERMOD & AWARDS BOSS
attachment.php
attachment.php

"Stone age meets Space age"

Carbon fiber scales with scalloped bolster inlays of mammoth tooth over brick fiber spacers and mosaic pins on 1095 and 15N20 damascus which I etched to a deep grey to follow the whole carbon theme. And YES, that is a sterling silver men's ring with the same mammoth tooth for a jewel and mosaic pin inlay. First venture with the ring and I don't have the proper tools or eyesight, but I think it rounds out the pair nicely. Will come in a custom wood display box which I am just finishing the interior of.

Please give me your thoughts, good or bad.

Thanks, Steve

Last edited:
Steve,
Very well done. It's surprising how well the carbon fiber mixes with the mammoth and damascus. Nice looking mosaic pins too. You should be proud of those. Hey the ring is cool too!2thumbs

Stabber, Thanks for the kind words. It's not a true dovetail but is what I call a scalloped inlay. I leave some of the base scales intact because the tooth is thin and would have to be built up, plus it looks cool. Havent seen anyone else do it like this, but I guess that could change. hahahaha

Thanks, Steve

Last edited:
Beautiful knives, Steve. So many people try to get too many different colors and textures going at once for my taste. The pure simplicity of these makes them all that more beautiful to me.

A little asked question.

Thanks everyone!! I am overwhelmed by your kind words. Now I have a question no one ever seems to ask their peers. What do you think is a fair sale price for a set like this? I know what I'd like to get and I know what's the least I can take, but in your opinion, and I really think this will be helpful to all, what price range would make you look twice and at what point would you be repelled. I don't think this will spoil my sale, plus it wouldn't break my heart to keep this set, at least til my wife finds it. Don't tax your brains too much on the ring, it is a test project, but I really like it.

Thanks again,
Steve
"power to the 'Dogs"

Very Awsome Steven!! I realy like the way you have inlaid the mammoth tooth. I realy like using mammoth tooth myself & have never seen done like that before.
I would have to say with the ring and the 2 knives you should be able to get $1000 at least. I could see the knives selling for at east $400 each and the ring at least $200. I am no expert by any means that is just my humble opinion.

Back