Wassup for the weekend????

Indian George

Let us try this. It will be a place to ask for help and sharing your plans for the weekend.:les: Let me know if you Bubbas like the idea.:les:
I been thinking to much.:34:I know, I know, it is scary for me too. HEHEHEHEHE!!!:ridesafe:

Last edited:
IG, I think you have a good idea. I am currently draw filing a piece of stubborn ATS-34 into something that looks sort of, kinda, more or less, approximately, just about flat.

:( Higgy was trying to get down here for the weekend, but he has DR. appointments.:( Hope he can shot for next weekend.2thumbs

Last edited:
Well, I got about 40 ft of steel in from Admiral yesterday. It's a mix of 1095 HRA
(3/16x2x72", 1/8x1x72") and some of thier 1084 (1/8x1x60"). I think it's time to get to practicin on my grinding some more. Gonna get to that right after I eat some lunch.

Well, I got about 40 ft of steel in from Admiral yesterday. It's a mix of 1095 HRA
(3/16x2x72", 1/8x1x72") and some of thier 1084 (1/8x1x60"). I think it's time to get to practicin on my grinding some more. Gonna get to that right after I eat some lunch.

Don't forget the pic's.:D

My humble workshop.

6.jpg

My shipment of steel

photo.jpg

My patterns drawn out

2.jpg

Profiled blanks

5.jpg

I rough ground one of each pattern and hope to finish grinding them tomorrow. I would have worked longer today, but as you can see, my shop is mobile and requires sunlight to operate (LOL). Ok, I require sunlight to see whn I push everything out on my deck to work.

Thanks IG. I picked up on a few pointers at the Fall HI last weekend. My grinding is going a bit better than it was. THe only issue I have now is all of this 1095 I ordered. It ate up my saw blade today. I guess I should have bought the CRA as opposed to the HR from Admiral.

Well didn't do any shop work this weekend. Helped Toeburner move a gun safe and then he took me out to lunch on Saturday. Sunday, was dog day. Started at 9:00AM washing and grooming the three dogs, got done after one.:bud: Jaguar sheds like a polar bear.tugit

Last edited:
Just sitting here going through mail, etc. this AM. Squaw says I gotta run some errands before my sheath maker gets here. I'm going to help him load a pickup load of split firewood. I aslo have some big oak chunks I have to split some burl out of here at home. I have a knife customer that wants a hunter with a handle make of some of the burl. The customer gave me the big chunks of oak.

Dang cuunks are so big I have to use a two wheeler cart to move them. The wood comes from his place, from a tree he used to play on.

I delivered a couple of knives this last 10 days or so, and have to get into the shop and get some work done. I got two more orders piled on this week.

I wanted to go squirrel hunting this afternoon but maybe will just work in the shop and complete a honeydo because it's so dang windy. You fellas know how high winds messes up squirrel hunting. Tomorrow is supposed to be better, less wind. Squirrels are gonna DIE! My .17HMR rifle says so.

You Ole Injun and your treerats.unsure I know put them in flour and fry them in butter.2guns I'll stick to the bottom feeders.:D

You Ole Injun and your treerats.unsure I know put them in flour and fry them in butter.2guns I'll stick to the bottom feeders.:D
Yeh, I know. And I told ya those bottom feeders would stunt yer growth, ya rascal. And just look what happened, IG! ;) :D
Your new little gal pal bit ya yet? She probably will if ya try to feed her some of those bottom feeders. :D

I got some of my chores done and helped my old pal go and load up a load of split firewood onto his old truck. I'm plain worn out after all that and more errands ran when I got home.

I plan on sneaking out with my rifle tomorrow morning and then coming home and working in the shop if I have any more energy left. Squaw says "HI", George. She wonders why I give such a nice guy such a hard time. She doesn't realize you actually deserve it. :D

What kind of trouble you getting into today, IG?

Back