video of Msgt Roy Benavidez Medal of Honor recipient - An American Hero

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
An amazing story and worth watching the entire clip...

[video=youtube_share;_oUtJxE4sjs]http://youtu.be/_oUtJxE4sjs[/video]

Thanks to Bobert on www.JerzeeDevil.com for posting this.

Awsome and inspiring story.
This man stands head and shoulders above most and yet is but one of many. Again, Thanks to our military of past, present and future. Great post Tracy.

Thanks,
Rudy

Thank you for posting this Boss. I stumbled upon a estate sale of a knife collector near San Antonio about four years ago. While digging thru the collection of knife books, I stumbled upon an autographed copy of MSGT. Benavidez biography. It is one of my prized posessions. The intestinal fortitude he posessed is nothing short of amazing as was that of his fellow 5th Group warriors. There were many amazing heroes from 5th, but deffinately the most noteable in my opinion is MSGT. Roy Benavidez.

A true role model. His work ethic and intestinal fortitude. To have been paralized and then walk out only to strive to go back to combat for his brothers in arms. He is a true insperation.

Wow!
Talk about one long day! The part were they were zipping him up in a body bag and when the doctor put his hand on his heart and he Punched him! "I think he's going to make it!"

What a day and how this man used it to inspire all who would listen!!

A Great American!

Laurence

www.westsidesharpening.com/

Boss
Thanks for sharing this. My Father and Roy were friends. I had the privlidge to meet him and several other MOH recipients many years ago when they were doing a VFW tour. All 5 stayed at my Fathers home while they were in our area. A very humbeling experiance to me to say the least. And FYI Roy told me his favorite knife while in country was a Randle.
There was mention at one time about a movie deal on Roy's life, Dont guess anything came from it :(

God Bless
Mike

Back