Spam?

NJStricker

I started getting spam in my email (the one I used when I signed up on this site) from a place called ARTWORKBID_DOT_COM trying to sell me mammoth scales for knife handles. Is anyone else getting this?

I started getting spam in my email (the one I used when I signed up on this site) from a place called ARTWORKBID_DOT_COM trying to sell me mammoth scales for knife handles. Is anyone else getting this?

I'm not getting it but we will need to look into that.

BC

Yes, I got one also.

Just so it's said.
We don't give out email address's to anyone for any purpose. We haven't been hacked either.

I started getting those messages when I set up my web page. It was before joining here, so I don't think its knifedogs related.

Yes, I got one also.

Just so it's said.
We don't give out email address's to anyone for any purpose. We haven't been hacked either.

Thanks Tracy. Just thought I'd check to see if this was a problem others were having, but it could just be they've mined that email address from one of the knife sites somewhere.

They email bots are pretty sophisticated any more and will put together a list of emails by topic by using hacked systems all over. The upside is we have the fastest moderators on the planet! :eek:

We have learned which ones to ban pretty quick. Most of the spammers get banned before they even finish getting registered...:p

The only spam I get is from african widows wanting me to sneak millions of dollars into the US.

Wait a minute, it's coming to me. Knifemakers - spammers - field testing. I know there is a plan in there somewhere.

spamposter36490950.jpg

Kind regards,

Jos

Its whats for dinner!

I get spam but is it from KD, JD, CK&G, BF, USN, KF etc? I will never know. Good thing for my spam folder2thumbs Where be that hot sauce again??

C

Back