Updates - Hometown Hero Build

Bill T

It's almost time to start .. so I'm gonna give all I got right now ...

As you should know , Randy won the Design phase , no small task as the designs were great ..​

Aldo is now waiting for the blanks to come from the WaterJet .. they will then be sent to me to dole out to our makers .​

I will contact you all before the weekend is out just to be sure we're all still on board .. Makers as well as Suppliers ..​
After that I'll tweak the plan we used last time to suit this Build better , then post it ..​

If you want to go out and get us a name , please do .. If you have someone in mind for a knife , please let me know , it doesn't have to be a recruit , just someone you know ... I'll start a thread with the names ..​
I have 12 names so far .. some are back in as soon as 2 weeks , others don't leave till next year . That gives us a very wide time frame , which is good as we all work at different speeds .. It also lets guys come on board at a later time ...​

We're going to have 3 raffles to help cover shipping costs , 1 by Keith Willis , 1 by Randy HHH and a collaboration by myself , Denny and Rudy ..​

We're almost ready to go Dogs .. Thanks to all who are participating and helping us out ..​

Hey Bill, sorry I've been out of the loop lately. Nothing personal, just busy :)

Anyway I got your pm and yes I'm on board, ready to grind and build one of Randy's blanks. Who do I need to send my address to?

Thank you James . Please send your address to me .

All builders , please send your address to me , unless you were in the last Build . I still have those addresses .

Thanks Randy,
There's always room for levity. (Should of seen me before I quit drinking).
Yes....lets make.

Rudy

I just received 50 sets of brown canvas micarta , 25 stainless and 25 brass Corbys from Tracy . Thank you Sir !! Once I hear from Aldo , it's on !!!

I just received 50 sets of brown canvas micarta , 25 stainless and 25 brass Corbys from Tracy . Thank you Sir !! Once I hear from Aldo , it's on !!!

I want to holler a thanks at Aldo and Tracy for gettin' involved (again)...Do we have Dave at GLWJ to thank also? Who is cutting the blanks? And let's not forget Bill, who did so much behind the scenes on the last build. You guys should be proud.

Cudos to Aldo and Tracy for their commitment.
As for Bill.......
He's really committed or maybe should be committed. Thanks Bill.:biggrin:

Let's get it on !

Rudy

Good news gents. The blades are in the mail! I should have them here on Monday. It's a 55 pound box! Hope you guys are ready for a little grinding! Maybe I should call Bill and let him know.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
YUP! I spoke to Brad at Peter's Heat Treat. He said he would do them up special. They're going to be very tough little knives.

I've updated the info you guys have provided for me in the Hometown Hero Build - Makers Recruiting Drive thread . Please check it . We have a few name changes and additions , all in all , it looks good . If I've made any mistakes and put you down for something you're not doing or something you are .. please PM me ASAP .
Thanks , Bill​

I want to holler a thanks at Aldo and Tracy for gettin' involved (again)...Do we have Dave at GLWJ to thank also? Who is cutting the blanks? And let's not forget Bill, who did so much behind the scenes on the last build. You guys should be proud.

No Justin, I wasn't asked this time.

Thats a kick in the shorts ah Dave? If ya want, You can cut me a couple dozen of them!! Im gona be making and giving them away for years to come!! :)

I am grateful for your work on the last build, Dave. You earned my business at any rate, I will probably be in touch soon.

Back