2011 AVO Hunt Progress

Steven Janik

SUPERMOD & AWARDS BOSS
Well the raffles are full and the knives are shipped out and I pick up our hunter tommorrow afternoon and head for camp.

For the sake of transparency heres an accounting to date:
$2230.00............raffle total
$ 356.00............Sold a bow on Ebay donated by New Archery Products
$1600.00...........Cash donations collected by Bob Mizek of New Archery Products
---------
$4186.00 on hand at start of hunt.

EXPENSES
$3200.00 Fully guided hunt
$ 576.33 Travel and food expenses
--------
$3776.33 Total expenses
--------
$ 409.67 Balance remaining on hand

I'll keep this updated as we progress and add pics as we go.

Thanks
Steve

Last edited:
Well, It was bound to happen sometime.....

After 10 successful hunts with all hunters bagging the biggest bucks of their lives to date, we came up short on this trip.
We had two shooting opportunities but just couldn't connect for the kill. (OK, Charlie missed..... we all miss). Charlie stated several times that we gave him the best opportunity he'd ever had at two trophy bucks.

The weather was extremely hot, 85 degrees, with 20 to 30 mph winds and the deer just didn't leave cover until the last 10minutes of shooting light. Plus all the crops were still standing, which is late for that part of the country.

We are trying to book a return visit for later this season. I'll keep you all posted and I'll post some pics later as well as update the financial report.

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the update and all of your noble efforts. You are a true patriot brother.

ya steve i posted some on another thread, to bad sorry to hear it charlie was a good guy i was hoping you guys would get one after i left.

Back