Deerjawhawk

Wade Hougham

The 4 1/4" head was forged from leaf spring and the haft is deer jaw bone. It also has raw hide and gut sinew with a leather lanyard and deer antler bead. Total length is 11 1/4".
As always any and all comments welcome.
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• P9200003.jpg
    P9200003.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 91
My daughters would say "Oooohh, gross!" My wife would say, "You're not bringing that thing in the house!" I say I'm loving it! What a neat idea! Take that to a Mountain Man event and see how many orders you'll get.

Denny, Thanks for the reply and glad you like it. When my wife first saw it she had a strange look on her face, I think it caught her off guard, but then she actually gave me a nice compliment. Wade

A bit unusual at least for me. I have never seen something simular before. I lika it a lot. Great job.

Seved

When my wife first saw it she had a strange look on her face, I think it caught her off guard, but then she actually gave me a nice compliment. Wade
Arn't they great. Look at what I made. WHY? Because I can!
This thing is great Wade. Must have been a big deer, I guess they have to be to outrun the gaters. Your finish on these bones and antlers is something I stride for. AWESOME!.....Randy

Randy,
Thanks for the nice compliment and swollen head. Hopefully it gets back to normal size before I get on the plane today, vacation time.
Just to let you know, your work really gets my creative juices flowing and easies and eliminates the fear of doing something different that in the past I might not have done because I didn't know how it would be accepted. Now I think who cares!!!:p
Have fun. Wade

Where does someone from paradise go on vacation? Thanks for the return big head. I may have to go with you to level out the plane. Have a good time on vacation and act semi-normal for a while, the insanity will wait on you.....Randy

My daughters would say "Oooohh, gross!" My wife would say, "You're not bringing that thing in the house!" I say I'm loving it! What a neat idea! Take that to a Mountain Man event and see how many orders you'll get.

It also has raw hide and gut sinew with a leather lanyard and deer antler bead. Total length is 11 1/4".
As always any and all comments welcome.
Thanks for looking.

You should do a compilation thread of all your work that has some sort of critter part in its composition. Or better yet everybody can post photos of their "Critter Knives." Very creative Wade.....and fierce-looking to boot!

Wade,
I have a African Mosaai Tribe Spear on my office wall will a very similar spear point that is about three times as long!
Also It has a straight hafting with a round point steel three footer on the other end!
This is different to say the least! Yours is on a Hatchet handle, I wonder how the spear head would preform against a real target?
Or let's just say?? Have you hacked at any watermelons with it?:biggrin:

I like it!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Thank you all for the comments.
Laurence, This one hasn't attacked anything, I am pretty sure it will be hanging on a wall just like your spear.
Eric, The color is from potassium permanganate, a little black leather dye and a torch.
Thanks again. Wade

Back