Uh-Oh....Help?

Lagrange

I was making my first attempt to HT cpm154 when my oven declared an error at 1650 degrees as it was climbing to temperature.
I assume that it had reached the top of its temperature limit. I didnt know because I'm not sure of the operating limits.
I have a copper kiln by evenheat. It's an older oven.
If anyone knows the limits of this oven let me know.
The other thing is about the steel. What do I do now? Do I need to anneal the steel or what? I left the blade in the oven until it was completely cool allowing the temperature to come down nice and slow.
Any advice? Please?

Eric

As Randy suggest go straight to the source. As far as your steel goes i would resume heat treat as normal when things are working properly.

Thanks guys...your right I should go to the manufacturer. I do believe it should go to 2200 though.

Let us know how it turns out.
I had the main circut breaker to my shop fail recently, I was in the middle of a 30 min. soak at hardening temp. on some D-2. It took me about 20 min. to diagnose and change out the breaker. When I turned the power back on the oven picked right back up where it left off, brought the temp. back up and then finished the remainder of the soak. I didn't know how things would turn out so I finished up with the normal tempering and when I tested the knife the results were the same as usual.

Back