Ken Hurst Engraving

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
Ken Hurst Engraving...

ken_hurst.jpg

Okay guys ---- this knife was won by Martin O. ( you know who you are). It was my pleasure to be able to engrave it as an added thank you. As he hasn't seen it, I thought it night be cool for him to find it on this site. As he lives in Tex. and considering the period this bowie would have been standard fare for some people to carry, I elected to use a scroll that was used at Colt and Win. for an engraving pattern during this time frame or shortly thereafter. The scroll doesn't show it but is cut deep enough that as the knife is turned, the light will bounce off the bright cuts on the sides of the leaves. The back ground is a series of raised beads, compressing the metal down further but still leaving a raised round half bead. There is more detail in the scroll than seen here but due to the light reflecting out of the engraved cuts, it differcult to see. Hope you like it Mr. Martin .........

Martin scored him a fine knife there, you all did a great job on it. - 2thumbs

Will we see some more photos of the whole knife done?

Todd

I am speechless! 2thumbs

That looks absolutely fantastic. Your touch really turned an already beautiful knife into something very special.

I really appreciate the call the other day with the update. I think it says a lot about the way you do business that you will call a guy that is not even a paying customer and give him a status report. Very cool.

I can't wait to see it in hand!

I will definitely post some more photos when I get the knife.

mo

It's here!

I received this today and man it looks great!

I hope I can get a good enough pic to show it off. I will post pics later this week. Kens engraving looks fantastic. It really gave the knife a whole new level of class. It really fits the knife well.

I would like to again than Bill Coye (for donating the knife), Ken Hurst (for putting his magic touch on it), 45Warrior (who bought the spot for me) and the KnifeDogs forum for the great place to hang.

2thumbs :bud: :D

Pics or it didnt happen....;-)

+2 on your a lucky man MO.

Ken.....You are a genius sir. VERY nice work2thumbs:D

C

Back