My First flat grind & forged Knife Finished

D

darci

Hi every body !!!!!!! OK so I finished my first forged knife and also my first flat grind, This is my 5th knife . It is 7 3/8" long the blade is 3 1/8" long and 1 1/4" wide ,Its steel is made by my POPS but forged by me it is 1095-15n20 damascus ,the handle is black & red box elder with brown spots in it .the tubes are 1/4" SS. This was lots of fun but Hot and hard work,flat grinding takes longer than I thought and is harder than I thought to get it just right,but it sure makes the knife sharp and lighter,also I tapered the tang.OK so #6 coming up "LOL" ,trying to talk POPs into a bowie next but he's stuck on me doing small ,I need some help guys tell him to let me do a BOWIE,or a sword Please "LOL". This knife is going to be gift to someone we all know on this site but i'm not telling who "LOL" We girls have privileges .
DSC01541.jpg

DSC01596.jpg

DSC01571.jpg

DSC01548.jpg

DSC01567.jpg

DSC01602.jpg

Super knife, Darci. You have learned a lot from your Dad and it shows in your work. You have my vote for making a Bowie next.

More PIX of my first forged knife

Hi again I couldn't pick witch piX I liked ,look at that line where the blade is hardened in pix #4
DSC01542.jpg

DSC01587.jpg

DSC01594.jpg

DSC01599.jpg

DSC01565.jpg

DSC01583.jpg

That looks very nice, great job,. You should be very proud of your work..

Looks great! And you do play fast pitch like a girl! LOL

HA HA HA, there isnt a boy in town that can beat me out of third base ,I'm sick today so got to go to bed now or i'd tell you a thing or two about how much better we girls are."LOL" cough.cough.!!!!!!!cry me a river 1

Thank guys and gals,POPS said there's a big billet of damascus on the shelve if i draw out a bowie then make it out of wood and grind it right and have something for a guard "dua some of the billet" he'll save that billet for me ."then he said "when i think your ready" so that means some more small knives i think . come guys put the pressure on i want to make a big bowie.
Darci,Darci,Darci,Big Bowie,Big Bowie,"LOL"HA HA HA I had three of the girls on my softball team ask him "why can't darci make a big bowie don't you love her "you can see its working i'm getting to him . then its a sword !!!!!!!
thanks for liking my knife ,its sharp as heck . forging the blade seems to make it feel deferent it feels lighter or something and it feels like you really made it. Do you know what i mean all that pounding not just grinding, off to bed lots of basketball tomorrow,Thanks see ya
Darci

Awesome Job D! You've got a bright future in knives ahead of you!

Back