What is everyone working on

Craig

KNIFE MAKER
Let's see what you're working on.

Here are a few slip joints and some liner locks On my bench now.

P1010019-1.jpg

Craig

Yes, what a bundle of good stuff --- folders you know.Looks like we both like working on several or more at the same time and that you like the variety of styling as well as I do. Please post one or more when finished. I could see some with stag, some with ivory. some with pearl . Frank

Here is what I got, 12 blades out of A2 and a couple of bottle openers/screw drivers that are ready to ship out tomorrow to Peter's HT.

IMG00089.jpg

IMG00090.jpg

I actually have this in another thread but just saw this post so I thought I would add it here. Wonder if we could keep this ongoing just to see what everyone is working on?
DSC00103.jpg

6 Hunters in CPM154, 2 Combat X in 3V and a 1095 Seax.
I've been facinated by the Seax since going to Kevin Cashens smelt. I'm still working on the sheath. A leather lined, Bear fur throated Maple sheath with ancient Germanic runes carved into the front.

Here are a few pics of the Seax. Forged from 1095 with a Sambar Stag, blued wrought iron, and silicon bronze handle. A small silicon bronze ring will be added to the butt.
FWIW, the blade is very bright. I'm not sure why the pics show a bluish tint unsure

seax3.jpg

seax4.jpg

seax2.jpg

seax1.jpg

Hope you like :)

2thumbs

Thank you guys 2thumbs
The history of that Blade style is facinating !!

I wanted to add something else I've been working on too. Not a knife, but knife related ;)

My wife Joanna has had the yearning to learn engraving for quite some time now.

Again, because we went to Kevin Cashens Smelt, we were very fortunate to acquire a GRS GraverMax, along with several hand-pieces :bud: 2thumbs.
Made some very cool new friends too. That was, without a doubt, the best part !

Anyway, I just finished an engraving turntable.
Next project will be an X & Y axis mini cross slide, to position the area of the workpiece being engraved at the center of the turntable.
Then a small vise on top of that. This should serve Jo well while she's learning and until we're able to pick-up a real engraving vise :eek:

Here are some pics of the turntable. I made it from 1/4" 1018 and used 3/16" nylon bearing balls. It looks just like a Magnum IKBS :D
A 1/4" Bybee Pivot Pin holds it all together. Oh, it's 8" in diameter.
I also did a quick nitre-blue to it.
I still need to make the tab that will allow a nylon tipped screw (or something), unsure to contact the side of the top plate. Theory being, to create a little drag so it's a bit more controllable.
To prevent chips from getting underneath via the bolt hole pattern the un-needed holes (all 10-32) will be plugged using set screws.
(10) 1/4-20 button head screws around the top perimeter for grippage and, on the bottom, (5) 1/4-20 flat head "leveling" feet

millingOD.jpg

millingbearingrace.jpg

millingpivotcounterbore.jpg

installingbearingballs.jpg

assembled2.jpg

spinningfreely.jpg

cool 1

The reason the blade is blue is because you shoy the picture outside (blue sky reflection) --- try shooting pictures outside on overcast day.

Got 3 blades Profiled out. 1095. 3/16" x 1.25" x 9" A wharnie, a clip point recurve, and a drop point recurve. waiting on the buffalo horn to get here so I can fit it up. these are going on Ebay. Pics soon... :D

8934_173277010241_625615241_3653115_7390421_n.jpg

Jason

Since my sabbatical from knifemaking, I have been building guns and gunsmithing. I just rebuilt this AK47 from a Romanian AK. Without going too much into it, there is a federal law called 922r that states imported AKs need to have a certain amount of USA-made components.

Park028.jpg

My next project is a old ruger blackhawk that will get some TLC and new chambering.

The reason the blade is blue is because you shoy the picture outside (blue sky reflection) --- try shooting pictures outside on overcast day.

huh1 You nailed it Ken !! It was a pic taken outside.........

Thanks for the tip 2thumbs

Still getting the hang of the new camera, and I need a new light box

Great looking Blades !! Del 2thumbs

Since my sabbatical from knifemaking, I have been building guns and gunsmithing. I just rebuilt this AK47 from a Romanian AK. Without going too much into it, there is a federal law called 922r that states imported AKs need to have a certain amount of USA-made components.

HIGGY !!! cool 1 It's so good to hear from you again !! 2thumbs

Great looking shooters !! Looks like you've got 922R covered ;)

cool 1

Del
That is an awesome blade.

Higgins
Very nice, Ive got a Romanian kit laying here in a box, I think you just inspired me to finally put it together.

DAVID ---- have your wife glue the bolsters down with a propane torch & hot glue sticks onto a piece of alum. scrap plate. If this is tied down on the turn table, she should do okay.

This is in another thread as well.
The blade is gibeon meteorite shaped by Delbert Ealy.
md3.jpg

Right now it is with Fred Rowe for the hardware. This is the design we settled on.
fred.jpg

It will be going to Ken Hurst for the engraving.

I will be doing the handle wood. Thinking about using some of this. ...But not sure yet.
1067b.jpg

Last edited:
Back