My Daddy is ill

Miss_Lora

Hi all. I haven't been on The Dog as much as I like to.

My Daddy has had a series of health issues and that has taken a lot of my time and attention. Since July he has had 12 appts at the VA hospital that I have taken him to.

I am very thankful I have my job at the university and am able to be with him when he needs me most without fear of losing my job. I had over 600 hours of sick leave built up and have used about 113 this year, mostly with Dad.

I did have a shock when I made it back to work yesterday. Seems like I missed the rule that I can't take but 10 days of sick leave for FAMILY. So, now I have to fib a little and take sick leave PERSONAL or annual leave.

Anyway, if you don't see as much of me, know that I am with The Dog in spirit! : )

Please pray for my Dad, Chester C.

Thanks for listening.

Miss Lora

Sorry to hear that miss lora, prayers sent. We are having the same problems with my father inlaw .he has colon cancer...it's been a hard week ...God bless...

Prayers going out for Chester C.!

boyanddog.jpg

Blessings back to all of you!
My best friend is a nurse and has helped me dress Dad's bandages every day. She is a true blessing.

She and her husband have been our closest friends, closer than blood, for 22 years. Her husband and our bestest bud died last month very unexpectedly. We are all at a complete loss, Eddie included.

But she is finding comfort in helping my Dad, as she loves him very much as well.

sorry to gush, but it's been hard and your thoughts are very well taken. I am going to print this to show Dad how others care for him and are sending prayers and good thoughts his way.

God bless,
Miss Lora

We are pulling for your Dad and we hope he gets better very soon.

May God bless and watch over your father. He is very fortunate to have a daughter like you. Our prayers are with him.

Well, Dad was just touched by the prayers and LOVED the pic of the boy and dog praying. he was thrilled and said he was going to go through the list of folks and pray back for them as well.

He has taken an unexpected turn and landed in the hospital. We just got back and will go again tomorrow when they let us visit. He's in coronary care.

I'll remember to take this thread printed out with the boy and the dog too, as it will really cheer him up.

Thanks to all and please keep Chester C. in your prayers.

God bless,
lora
and eddie

UPDATE: DAD'S DOING BETTER
We thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. We kept you all posted up with his cards in his room. He has been moved to a room NOT in CCU. Dialysis removed over 9 liters of fluid from him and he's feeling much better. Still to be determined what they'll do about his heart.

my bro and sis have come to visit him, so i'm home being a little normal again. miss you guys!

lora

Back