512 Layer Edwards Damascus

Tom Militano

KNIFE MAKER
I have a good size piece of Damascus made by Gus Edwards in the shop his father Fain started in Jacksonville Alabama. I'm looking for the heat treating specs on it. Anybody familiar with the stuff? I'm not sure what kinds of steel he used. Thanks

I'm making a fighter for a friend. I appreciate your pm and checked out your website. Impressive knives and workmanship. I have another piece of damascus from Brad Vice that I'll use for the knife, but I will keep you in mind as a supplier of damascus..

IIRC, that Edwards damascus was some of the first commercial damascus out there back twenty years ago.I know I had bought some by the pound from Atlanta Cutlery.Hell, I still carry a friction folder I made from it.I had no problems with it, but I had alot of problems with Brad Vice's damascus.Dave

Fain Edwards started selling his damascus to Bear Cutlery and a few other places. His son Gus took over the business and went under. I never saw any that wasn't random pattern. I never had a problem with any other damascus from there. I've never had a problem with any from Brad Vice though. I've only used three or four pieces from him and it all worked up good. I think Fain moved to NC and the last I heard Gus was in Birmingham. I haven't seen Gus in years.

Back