New forge !

I searched your site, Wayne, and hybridburners site and got a pretty good picture now of what I need to do. I understand what you and Doug are referring to. I'd like to set my forge up better this summer and had a couple of questions.

Only questions I had was do I need to add a blower? Do they boost the flame and give fuel economy?

The blue print and the pic of your forge (both on the hybridburners site) has a pressure regulator pictured near the forge. Do you have two pressure regulators in line, one at the bottle and another near the forge?

What is the valve just before after the "T" and the needle valve (on your forge pictured on the hybridforge site)?

And last are you using steel pipe?

Here's what I have right now.

DSCF2255.jpgDSCF2254.jpgDSCF2257.jpg

I'm getting out of the bush next week and I want to get what I need while I'm out. But, if not it looks like I can order online anything I need by way of a kit, too.

Luke

Luke, that burner is designed as an atmospheric burner so does not need a blower.
There is no regulator near the forge. I just looked at the pictures and the only thing that I can see that might make you think that there is an additional regulator is that there is a a small fan that blows air up in front of the forge for an air curtain.
I think that what you may be asking about is a gas quick connect.
BTW I don't recommend at idler circuit now. I found that I never used it.

Let me know if I can help you.

​Wayne

Ok, if there isn't one near the forge, then that makes sense. I was referring to the blueprint on the hybridburners site when I asked about the extra regulator. But I see.

Also, I wasn't sure if that was a quick connect or not on the photograph of your forge. I didn't know a quick connect was something someone could include on a gas line. Good to know. When I re-design my set up I want to be able to disassemble easily for when I'm out of town.

Thanks for the photos and help you offer on your website. Are you still selling motors?

Luke, I used the quick connect because I carried my forge to conferences. They do have a tendency to leak If you decide to use one be sure and get the ones made for flammable gases.

Let me know if I can help you

​Wayne

Back