Building a Kydex press and making a Kydex Sheath Tutorial

Neoprene is the way to go. I just got in a full roll and will be listing it in the next few days in 12x12 and 12x24"
the PVC foam takes a heat set and keeps it. the Neoprene will also but at a much slower rate.

I am wondering if it would be possible to mount your eyelet dies into a drill press & use that to set the eyelets into the kydex?

I am going to give it a shot here soon. Will pick up some filters for my Po Boy dust collector too:D

Might even pick up some diamond plating to top off the wood for the "Hey thats cool" effect.2thumbs

Chris

Chris,
Will you post how this works out? It looks like you could mount the top die into the drill press chuck. I am not sure what to do with the bottom. I suppose you could drill a hole into a wood base & glue it in there. Or maybe weld it to a metal base to allow you to easily move it under the kydex rivet hole.

Huck,

All I was meaning by the diamond plate is to just cover the top of the press plate to make it more appealing to me. I would just drill holes in all 4 corners, 4 screws and maybe some liquid nails to secure it. All it would be is just a cool look on the lid is all.

Either I am not following you, or you had my post mixed up?

Or maybe its just the meds I am on?:eek::D

Later,

Chris

Chris,
Will you post how this works out? It looks like you could mount the top die into the drill press chuck. I am not sure what to do with the bottom. I suppose you could drill a hole into a wood base & glue it in there. Or maybe weld it to a metal base to allow you to easily move it under the kydex rivet hole.

Ok Chris, Sorry I thought you meant that you were going to attempt to adapt a drill press into an arbor press.

LOL...No, I am not that skilled. But if you figure that one out...Tutorials rock2thumbs

Speaking of Arbor Press' anyone familiar with the Harbor Freight model?

Ok Chris, Sorry I thought you meant that you were going to attempt to adapt a drill press into an arbor press.

sheath press

Oh My Hell!!!!!! I have had the wood cut the foam bought and have been going to make one of these for months now but have been kinda stuck on how to put it all togethor. You made it so simple and that jsut cleared up all my questions. I was not real sure about the hinge part but that is a simple awesome way. Thanks now I can finish mine!

THANKS! I was in a similar quandary but you answered every question. Thanks again

I've no idea where the pictures went. I will try and dig them up but I'm not hopeful. That was nearly 5 years ago.

Back