Murat Klein "Mumut und Damascus Guppy"

Blastmaster1972

Some time ago, Murat made a "Mamut Guppy". http://forum.weapons.be/showthread.php?t=11648&highlight=guppy After seeing & handling this folder, and after purchasing two ironwood handled folders from Murat, I decided to ask Murat to build me a similar folder. First I asked for a frame-lock, but Murat was not comfortable with it, and asked me if he could make a liner lock. No problem for me, the maker should make what he makes best! Now the folder is finished, and I'm really very happy with the result. Every bit as nice as I expected!

This:

bolsters3.jpg

Became this:

MamutuDamascusGuppy2a.jpg

This is Art with a capital A!

Some more pics:

MamutuDamascusGuppy1a.jpg

MamutuDamascusGuppy3a.jpg

MamutuDamascusGuppy4a.jpg

MamutuDamascusGuppy5a.jpg

Kind regards,

Jos

Amazing! I love that the torx are a color that goes with the handle and bolster. I have seen too many knives made that are great, but they have these shiny steel torx and they look completely out of place. This is beautiful.

Thanks for posting the pictures!kewlpics1

Definitely don't see enough of Murat Klein's work. I've admired his knives for a couple years now... Some day, some day...

That is a real beauty.

Thanks for showing the before materials shot and the after completed shot, they really make the skill part blatant for thickheads like me.

Back