Northern Wisconsin

ScottRoush

Hello.. Just signed up. I'm a new full time maker living up in Northern Wisconsin on near Lake Superior. I've been active on some other forums and decided it's time to see what's up here.

You can see my work at http://www.bigrockforge.com

I will post some of my newest stuff somewhere on here I suppose...

Scott
welcome to the knife dogs
I have seen your work on another network and enjoy your website,
I like the look of your primitive style.
You'll find a great group of people here, make yourself at home.

Thanks folks...

I had to look up Gordon.. but it's only 70 miles or so. If you ever go out that way... come up to Bayfield, buy some whitefish livers, and stop by my shop!

Howdy Fellow Cheesehead, I am not to far south of you!!!!!!

Nice looking website and Beautiful knives!

Welcome to the pound.

Welcome Scott.

I am super impressed with the shear steel seax you posted on Don Fogg's site. I had been wanting to go to Ric 'Shear Madness' class in January, but my wife was concerned about the weather driving from Minneapolis across Wisconsin. Your work pushed me over the edge to attend Ric's shear steel class in May. Looking forward to seeing more of your work, Ric's class and doing some of my own Northern European weaponry with the shear steel.

Dan Kaschner

Hi Dan... You will have a great time at Ric's. I wish I was going again....

Since you aren't too far away.. I'm trying to plan a bloomery smelt later this spring. I did one in the fall but it failed. But I know why. Anyway... I'm inviting a number of the local knife makers up. You can either camp out on my land or there is a great campground just down the road.. where the steelhead might be running too. That goes for you too Ernie.. or whoever the heck wants to come out. All I ask is that folks bring a bag of lump charcoal. Hopefully you will have a chunk of bloom to take home... but I can't guarantee!

Scott. That sounds like a great time. I know the area. My folks used to own a dinner club in Fifield years ago. We made it up your way from time to time. Let me know when you are planning it. My wife and I love to take weekend trips for events. One of our favorite is to visit with Ron Claiborne in Knoxville every year at his hammer in... always fun at a hammer / smelt.

Talk to you soon.
Dan

Back