Hello from the Dark Continent

Olivier

Just stopped by to introduce myself. My name is Andries Olivier and I live in Lydenburg, South Africa. I'm a maker of knives in all sizes, swords, axes, tobacco pipes and tinkerer in general. I stumbled upon this site while looking for knife parts and thanks to a little help from Tracy I'm able to post at last. I hope to post regularly and actively parttake in the discussions here. I have seen some familiar names so I won't be a complete stranger to everybody.

I guess no introduction will be complete without some pics of my miserable attempts to contribute to the world of cutlery, so here we go:
Copy of A olivier knife.jpgCopy of A Olivier Bowie.jpgA olivier cutthroat.jpgCopy of _MG_2259.jpgCopy of _MG_2237.jpgCopy of _MG_2239.jpg

Happy to be here. See you around:5:

Welcome to the pack. It's good to have you here with us. I can see why you call those miserable attempts (well, I could if I were off my rocker or something). Beautifull work!

Hallo Andries en welkom by KD. Those are some beautiful knives you made. Do you do your own scrimshaw?

Goeie Dag Andries - Welkom by Knifedogs
I'm not sure if I'm looking at the same pictures as you, but I don't see any miserable attempts, your knives are Stunning!

Rick Afonso
Cape Town

A man with a sense of humor will do quite well here.
"miserable" my foot!
Mighty nice work. Dozier

Thanks for the warm welcome and kind words guys. Pieter, all my knives that ended up having scrimmed handles was done by Sharon Burger. I'm far too clumsy to atempt such intricate work.

Wish I had more time to spend here to catch up on everything being said and done.

Back