For Tracy

Bill Burke

Tracy, I thought that I would post the pictures for you here.

24 inch katana Copper habaki Steel tsuba, Fuchi, Kashira and kojiri all with silver and gold inlay. Black and gold ito over genuine ray skin wrapped wooden tsuka. Alder wood saya with caped buffalo koikuchi and kurikata. Hi gloss black saya with black silk sageo. This blade is forged from railroad rail, water qeunched with clay and stone polished.
standard.jpg
[/IMG]

precision damascus miniture folding dagger, one and 3/4 inch blade herring bone damascus with a firestorm edge weld. firestorm bolsters and mamoth ivory handle scales.

standard.jpg
[/IMG]

the katana looks perfect..

that is the folder we were talking about on the phone?
What did you win with that again?

The pattern on the folder is super sweet. Both are exceptional. Thanks for sharing the pics.
-John

the katana looks perfect..

that is the folder we were talking about on the phone?
What did you win with that again?

The folder won best minature at blade show west and gave me enough points for the blade handmade award to boot. the katana won best sword.

Thanks everyone else for the aplause.

Very nice sword. The judge's had a good eye. "stone polished"must have been month's...

Very nice sword. The judge's had a good eye. "stone polished"must have been month's...

You are correct in that. I spent over two months working on this with water stones. the first three weeks during the foundation polishing I work on it for a minimum of eight hours per day. After the foundation polish was done I then only worked on it until I started to get tired but worked on it pretty much every day.

You are correct in that. I spent over two months working on this with water stones. the first three weeks during the foundation polishing I work on it for a minimum of eight hours per day. After the foundation polish was done I then only worked on it until I started to get tired but worked on it pretty much every day.

Bill, Do you have some Japanese heritage? Either that or you are an animal!
Serious expertise here.

Bill, Do you have some Japanese heritage? Either that or you are an animal!
Serious expertise here.

Bruce I am neither just OCD and the stupid idea that when I make swords they should be done traditionally and yes I am working on making steel from dirt also.Short Bus

Back