Greetings from Dallas, TX

G

gloftis

Hello!

My name is Greg and I recently relocated to Dallas from snow-burdened Boston.

While in Boston I was lucky enough to take lesson from J.D. Smith, an ABS MS. I am forever grateful for the knowledge and passion J.D. passed on.

I'm looking to network with other knife makers in the Dallas area and seek help to further my skills. Suggestions, direction, and intros are greatly welcomed!

Thanks to everyone for sharing on this site, I look forward to leveraging this information as I progress with my work.

Greg

Welcome to the pack Greg. If you're up for the drive (320 miles/five hours from Dallas), there is a really awesome show in Little Rock this weekend. The Arkansas Knifemaker's Association puts on a great show and hosts many of the top ABS Smiths, both Journeymen and Masters. I still have a few passes left for the show if you are interested.

Check out The Texas Knifemakers and Collectors Association They have some shop tours and their own knifeshow

Nice to meet everyone!

Murph - I'd love to go...but it's going to be a tough sell to the lady. If I figure out an angle I'll definitely circle back with you.

Marvin - thanks again for opening your shop and offering your expertise. I can't look at the plunge lines on a knife without thinking about your technique - for both it's visual appeal and superior function!

Finally - thank you to the weather for following me to Dallas from the Boston area - I love "working" from home!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back